Monday, June 28

Attempts at Productivity

Yesterday's big event (at least, that is, before we packed a hookah bar with about five cabs' worth of kids, but that's an entirely different story) was joining the ridiculously nice Hebrew U. gym/workout-related palace. Reasons for doing so:


  1. A nice big grass field, possibly the only one in Jerusalem, and deck chairs, which also means lithe Israeli college women in swimsuits.

  2. Laying out in the sun means I can feel productive while I actually stare at the textbook for two minutes and then fall asleep.

  3. Pool.

  4. Workout machine/TV area, but this is of limited value; I did 25 minutes on the elliptical today, producing probably a gallon of sweat and an exhausted two-hour nap. I won't speculate on whether that had any relation to the previous night of drinking.



And, in the continuing list of reasons why I love Israel, looking back over my shoulder as I walk out gives me a view of the Old City and the Dome of the Rock. Which is just slightly better than going to the JCC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home