Wednesday, June 23

Falafel Heaven

If there is anything to Israeli cuisine besides falafel and shawarma, I haven't seen it yet. Naturally, there are three falafel stands within walking distance of our dorms, two literally right outside the gates (within 100 feet of each other). And this being the Jewish state, cheap deals abound. The place recommended to me by my roommate will give you a full lunch for under the equivalent of four bucks, drink included. And this, by the way, is only if you've forgotten to eat for three days and need to order the big wrap falafel the size of most Third World countries. A normal-sized falafel, which is a meal itself, costs about what I paid for a pack of Dentyne Ice at Newark. So far, in the span of four days in country, I have yet to go a day without a falafel fix, and the streak doesn't seem to be in jeopardy any time in the next six weeks or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home